Where to Look for Remote Opportunities:: Potential Employer Websites
This week we look at company websites of potential employers to find remote job opportunities.
You may find your next remote job opportunity by looking at a company website for a potential employer.
Where exactly job listings are on a potential employer’s website can vary
Potential employers may list their job positions in different places on their websites. Some of the various places could be:
- “Career” section – A potential employer may list their job opportunities on their website called “Career.”
- “About us” (or another similar name) – A potential employer may list their job opportunities on their website called “About us” (or another similar name). You’re looking for this section on the website that will give information about that company.
- No jobs listed – A potential employer website may not have a job section on their website.
The advantages of looking for opportunities on a potential employer’s website
You may gain advantages by looking for employment opportunities on a potential employer’s website. Some advantages could be:
- You may find opportunities only listed on the potential employer’s website.
- You may find more opportunities listed on a potential employer’s website than in other online places.
- A job description may have more detail when listed on a potential employer’s website than in other online places.
- You may get a more updated list of job opportunities from the potential employer’s website than from other online places.
Remote-Friendly (And Other Similar Names) Companies
A potential employer may vary in the likelihood of offering remote job opportunities. You may increase the odds of finding remote job opportunities from employers that describe themselves as Remote Friendly. Companies may describe their Remote Friendly companies in other similar terms, like Remote Only and Hybrid. The article “Meaning of Remote Work and Relevant Terms” from Workplaceless.com gives different names of remote work-friendly companies. Details of the article are below:
Internet article “Meaning of Remote Work and Relevant Terms.”
Published March 22, 2022
Internet address of the article https://www.workplaceless.com/blog/remote-work-meaning
How To Find Remote-Friendly Companies
You may find remote-friendly companies using Flexjobs.com.
Flexjobs.com is a website focusing on remote job opportunities.
You may have to subscribe to Flexjobs.com to take advantage of all the resources on the website.
Here is a pathway to find information about companies on Flexjobs.com.
- Type www.flexjobs.com in your browser.
- Then get logged in (you may have to be a subscriber)
- Then type the following website address in your browser.
A “Best Companies that Hire for Remote Work From Home or Flexible Jobs” screen will appear.
You will have a search box giving you different options to search for Remote-Friendly companies.
You may find potential employers in your profession by looking at career associations. Career Associations sometimes list membership rosters that you can use to find potential employers.
Regional Career Associations
Sometimes a national career association will also have regional career associations based upon different geography sections of the United States. Regional career associations sometimes will have their website pages. You may also find a membership roster from a regional career association. The membership roster may give you additional information about potential employers in that profession.
You may find your next remote job opportunities on a potential employer’s website. A potential employer’s website may be your key to finding your next remote career opportunity.